An easy one-pot meal that is in the Zone and packs a great deal of flavor.
- 2 Onions - diced
- 2 cups Green bell peppers - diced
- 1 cup Red bell peppers
- 2 cloves Garlic - minced
- 1 cup Butternut squash - cubed
- 1 (15-oz) can Black beans canned - drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-oz) can Diced tomatoes
- 1 Diced jalapeno
- 2 tbsps Chili powder
- 2 tsps Cumin
- 2 tsps Smoked paprika
- 6 links Al fresco chipotle chorizo chicken sausage
- 4 cups Kitchen Basics unsalted vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to tastea
- 1 cup Low-fat cheddar cheese - shredded (2T each)
Total Fat 13g
- Saute the diced onions, garlic, butternut squash, and bell peppers in vegetable stock until browned and soft.
- After about ten minutes or so add the rest of the ingredients and bring up to a simmer for 15 minutes.
- Let simmer on low heat until ready to serve.