Bean and Sausage Orzo
Straight from the Zone kitchen, enjoy this cannellini bean and sausage orzo dish, flavored with tomatoes, onion, garlic and cilantro.
Visit our Zone Pasta section to order Zone PastaRx Orzo.
Categories: Zone PastaRx, Lunch, Dinner
- 1/2 cup Zone PastaRx Orzo
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Tomatoes (diced or crushed)
- 1/2 cup Water
- Salt & Pepper (for flavor)
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 1/2 Small Onion (chopped)
- 1 link Chicken Sausage (al fresco® chipotle chorizo, sliced and quartered)
- 1 clove Garlic (finely chopped)
- 1/3 cup Cannellini beans (Bush’s brand, canned)
- 2 Tbsp Cilantro (fresh, chopped)
Serving Size 2 servings
Total Fat 11g
- Prepare Zone PastaRx Orzo as directed.
- Blend the tomatoes with water, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until slightly translucent.
- Add the sausage and sauté until golden. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds more.
- Pour the tomato/water sauce, beans and cooked orzo into the pan and cook for 5 minutes, until warm.
- Taste and adjust seasoning to taste. Divide into 2 bowls and garnish with cilantro.