Finally, a Zone-friendly BBQ recipe perfect for summer barbecuing that lets you have a tasty meal while still being healthy.
- 2 tsps Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 oz Boneless chicken breast - diced
- 1 1/2 cups Bell peppers - strips
- 1/4 cup Onions - diced
- 1/8 tsp Cider vinegar
- 1/8 tsp Worchestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Minced garlic
- 1/2 cup Zoned Barbecue Sauce
- 3 cups Lettuce - (or bagged salad greens)
- 2 cups Shredded cabbage - (or coleslaw mix)
- Salt and pepper - to taste
Total Fat 12g
- In a sauté pan, add oil, chicken breast, pepper, onion, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and garlic.
- Cook until chicken is browned and vegetables are tender.
- Add Zoned Barbecue Sauce.
- Cover and simmer for five minutes until mixture is hot, stirring occasionally to blend flavors.
- Blend together lettuce and shredded cabbage and place blended salad-cabbage mixture on a large oval plate.
- Spoon the chicken and vegetable mixture into the center of the plate on top of salad-cabbage mixture.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve immediately.