Baked Eggs with Vegetables
The baked eggs with vegetables and ham is also great for lunch or dinner.
- 6 Roma tomatoes, peeled, chopped into small pieces
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tsp Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsps Kitchen Basics unsalted vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup Finely chopped onions
- 1/2 cup Chopped ham
- 1 cup Chopped spinach
- 1 1/4 cups Egg Beaters-whites
- 1/4 cup Dairy-free cream cheese Tofutti
- 1/4 cup Chopped fresh chives
- 3 tbsps Plain unsweetened almond milk - divided
- 1 Orange
Total Fat 11g
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Boil a small kettle of water for the baking pan. Spray two oven-safe bowls with olive oil spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, toss tomatoes and salt.
- Spoon equal portions into prepared bowls. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, combine oil, vegetable stock and onions; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Add ham and cook for about 1 minute more.
- Remove pan from heat. Add spinach and toss with ham and onion mixture allowing the greens to wilt slightly.
- In a separate bowl whisk the Egg Beaters, Tofutti cream cheese, chives (chop extra for garnish), and almond milk.
- Divide this mixture between the prepared bowls with the tomatoes.
- Add the ham and vegetable mixture to the bowls.
- Place the bowls in a baking pan just big enough to hold them.
- Place on middle oven rack and very carefully pour boiling water in the bottom of the baking pan so that the water is just half-way up the sides of the bowls. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Carefully remove from hot water with tongs.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Share an orange.