Awesome Pasta Salad
Make a big batch and bring to a cookout. Just let your friends know there is plenty of protein already in the salad, so it’s okay to skip the burger.
Visit our Zone Pasta section to order Zone PastaRx Orzo.
Categories: Zone PastaRx, Vegetarian, Lunch
- 1/4 cup Zone PastaRx Orzo
- 1 tsp Dr. Sears’ Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice (to taste)
- Garlic powder (to taste)
- Italian seasoning (to taste)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Water (to taste)
- 10 Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- 1/2 oz Low-fat Provolone Cheese (cubed)
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 1/4 cup Cucumber (chopped)
- 2 Tbsp Red Onion
- 1 Tbsp Black Olives (drained, sliced)
- 1 Tbsp Pimentos (drained, chopped)
Total Fat 11g
- Prepare Zone PastaRx Orzo according to package directions.
- Drain and rinse in cold water to stop cooking; drain again. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile whisk the extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper together in a small bowl. (If you like a lot of dressing add 1 tablespoon water and more lemon juice.)
- In a large bowl combine pasta with tomatoes, cheese, green pepper, olives and pimentos.
- Pour in salad dressing and toss to coat.