This crust-less quiche is totally in the Zone and perfect to serve for friends at brunch.
- 1 1/3 cups Asparagus - about 16 stalks
- 3 Tbsp Water
- Cooking spray
- 2/3 cup Egg Beaters-whites
- Mrs. Dash Extra-Spicy or herbs - To taste
- 1 1/2 tsps Olive Oil
- 3 Olives
- 2 Tbsp Low-fat Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Apple
Total Fat 10g
- Cut off tough stem ends of asparagus and microwave with water for 1-2 minutes in a microwave-safe dish. Cut into one-inch lengths and set aside. Save any leftover water.
- Whisk the egg whites, Mrs. Dash and olive oil with the leftover asparagus water. Pour the egg mixture into an olive oil cooking-sprayed nine-inch glass pie plate.
- Add olives. Cover with another nine-inch glass pie dish and cook in microwave on high for 1 – 1 1/2 minutes.
- Turn over by flipping into the other pie plate. Place the grated cheese and asparagus on half the egg mix; fold in half and continue cooking for another 1 – 1 1/2 minutes. Enjoy an apple for dessert.