Arroz con Pollo
This traditional dish from Spain combines orzo and chicken breast with onion, tomato sauce and green beans, seasoned with garlic, bay leaves and oregano.
Visit our Zone Pasta section to order Zone PastaRx Orzo.
Categories: Zone PastaRx, Lunch, Dinner
- 1/2 cup Zone PastaRx Orzo
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Medium Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 clove Garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup Tomato Sauce
- 1/4 cup Water
- 4 oz Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 Bay Leaves
- 1/2 tsp Oregano (dried)
- 1 1/2 cup Green Beans (frozen and thawed, chopped)
- 1/2 cup Chicken Breast Meat (Perdue brand Short Cuts)
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- 2 tsp Dr. Sears’ Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Serving Size 1 serving
Total Fat 11g
- Prepare Zone PastaRx Orzo according to package directions. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, warm 1 teaspoon oil in a large skillet over medium to high heat. When hot, add the onion and garlic and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until just golden.
- Add the tomato sauce, water, broth, bay leaves, oregano, salt and pepper. Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Add the green beans, stir well, cover, and simmer for about 8 minutes.
- Add the cooked orzo and chicken to warm, and cook another 2 minutes.
- To serve, drizzle each serving with 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil.