This crepe combines the warm apple-cinnamon taste with cooked steel-cut oatmeal.
- 1/2 cup Egg Beaters-whites
- 1/3 cup Oat Flour
- 2 1/2 tsp Light Olive Oil - Divided
- 1 cup 1% Milk
- Cooking spray - olive oil
- 1 small Red Delicious Apple, Peeled - Cored and Roughly Chopped
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 2/3 cup Cooked steel-cut oatmeal
- 2 slices Canadian bacon (fine dice 1 1/4oz)
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
Total Fat 10g
- In a small mixing bowl, combine egg whites, flour, oil and milk to form a batter. (This amount of batter will make four crepes). Generously spray two sauté or crepe pans with olive oil cooking spray and heat to medium/high.
- Add a quarter of the batter to pan. Cover pan with another sauté or crepe pan. Cook on medium-high heat until bottom is set, and crepe will move easily in pan. To turn crepe over, securely place second pan over first and turn pan over. The crepe will then be in the second sauté pan. The second side of the crepe should cook for only a minute or so to color it.
- Transfer crepe to serving plate and repeat process to make three more crepes. (If you need more oil in the crepe pan, give another spray.)
- Place apples, applesauce, oatmeal, Canadian bacon and cinnamon in a sauté pan to form crepe filling. Using low heat, cook mixture until apples are tender, add a little water if desired.
- When ready, divide filling among the four crepes by placing it in a line along the center of each crepe. Fold over the sides to make a tri-fold. Serve immediately, two crepes per plate.